All you need to know about rhinoplasty
Rhinoplasty is a facial cosmetic procedure usually carried out to enhance the appearance of your nose or to reconstruct it for medical purposes, such as fractures. During the procedure the nasal cartilages and bones are modified, or tissue is added to improve the aesthetic appearance of the nose or to restore pre-injury appearance of the nose.
Septorhinoplasty is a related procedure performed for patients who also have nasal obstruction. This improves the appearance of the nose, but it removes any internal obstructions that may be blocking nasal breathing.
If you are considering rhinoplasty have a read of our guide below so you’re in the know when it comes to your surgery:
• Top quality rhinoplasty can transform a misshapen nose, sometimes dramatically.
• All good rhinoplasty outcomes have at least one similar goal, a natural appearance. The best result is a nose that fits your other facial features.
• Good tissue and favourable healing responses are also a key element for a successful rhinoplasty. A young person with a smooth clear complexion, firm nasal cartilage, along with good general health will have the best chances for a positive rhinoplasty outcome.
• It’s essential that skeletal support should be preserved or enhanced by reshaping, repositioning, or reinforcing the tip cartilage. Removing too much cartilage can affect the support and lead to complications in the future.
• Surgical swelling will affect the nose for several months after surgery. Good results may look different to the final outcome at first, so it’s important to be patient with your recovery.
With today’s advances in medicine, especially cosmetic surgery, rhinoplasty is now more accurate, safer and effective in giving you the look you want meaning there has never been a better time for you to get the appearance you are after. With Belvedere Clinic you will have a beautifully crafted nose that will suit you, flatter you and allow you to be the happiest you can be.
Other articles you may also find interesting:
10 things to consider before cosmetic surgery
Carol McGiffin unveils new look
Photo by: isvecklinik/Instagram