Here’s all you need to know about dermal fillers at Belvedere Clinic
The signs of aging creep up on us all and often these tell-tale signs appear more visible on the face compared to other areas of the body. As you age, hormonal levels change too, causing the collagen levels to breakdown, facial bone structure changes and facial ligaments lose their elasticity. This will make you appear older. But there’s no need to fret, our dermal fillers are the perfect option to combat the signs of aging and restore your youthful appearance.
Here at Belvedere Clinic, we use two varieties of dermal fillers, Restylane and Evolence. Restylane is injected beneath the skin; hyaluronic acid in the filler adheres to the skin as the water contained in the acid helps to retain volume under the skin’s surface. The acid acts as a magnet for water, which helps to preserve the renewed volume of the skin. Restylane benefits from being a wholly natural substance with long lasting but non-permanent effects.
Evolence can immediately improve and refresh your appearance by smoothing out and softening unwanted facial lines, wrinkles, and folds, and restoring structure and facial contour in volume-depleted areas. The visible, natural-looking results are achieved immediately, with minimal-to-no downtime, so you can get right back to your daily activities. These immediate results last for up to 12 months.
Have a read below of our guide to more about our dermal filler procedure:
• A week before your treatment discontinue the following medications; Aspirin, Ibuprofen, St John’s Wort, Omega 3 Fatty Acids, Vitamin E, Ginger, Gingko Biloba and Ginseng.
• Make sure your face is make-up free and clean when you turn up for the procedure.
• The procedure time is 30 minutes and results last for 3-6 months.
• Once the non-surgical procedure is over the duration of your side effects will depend on your individual healing ability.
• The healing process lasts approximately 1 week.
• The worst of the swelling will appear on the first morning after treatment, particularly under the eyes.
• Apply cold compresses to the treatment area for 10 minutes every hour.
• Avoid Excessive Sun and Heat: Until any initial swelling and redness has disappeared.
• Avoid squeezing or massaging the treated areas for several hours after treatment, as this may alter the desired appearance you were aiming for.
• If you do have to go into sunlight in the first few days after the procedure make sure you are wearing sunscreen. You should apply sunscreen 20 minutes before going outside, and again, immediately before. After that, reapply your sunscreen every 2 hours. Also wear a hat and clothing that covers the treated area.
To book you procedure now or for any other queries book online or call 02083114464 where a member of our dedicated staff will be happy to help.
Other articles you may find interesting:
All you need to know about rhinoplasty
Kylie Jenner’s surgeon discusses her transformation