5 interesting facts about eyelid surgery
As with the face and neck lift, the eyes can give away signs of aging that you might not want broadcast to the world. As we get older bags under the eyes can form, as well as hooding of the upper eyelids, which can make us look tired and make us look older. Many people will combine an eyelid removal with an eye bag removal, known as a quadrilateral blepharoplasty, to enhance the youthful effect.
The eyelid surgery at Belvedere Clinic involves the upper blepharoplasty procedure where the Belvedere Clinic team removes the excess skin from the eyelid and sometimes a small amount of excess fat, which gives you fresher and younger looking eyes.
Read below to see 5 interesting and surprising facts about eyelid surgery, and contact Belvedere Clinic to book your appointment today.
- While women largely outnumber men when it comes to plastic surgery procedures, more than 28,000 men opted to undergo blepharoplasty in 2013.
- Upper and lower lid surgery can be performed at the same time. Though not every patient is in need of both procedures, they can be combined in necessary cases if the person requires it.
- Blepharoplasty isn’t just cosmetic. While eyelid surgery is very successful in tightening loose, sagging skin and removing excess fat from the eye area making the patient look more youthful. It also has a practical application, an upper blepharoplasty can lift and tighten eyelid skin that droops down and obstructs the visual field, greatly improving the patients sight.
- Incisions are camouflaged. During the procedure, Belvedere Clinic’s team make incisions in the natural creases of the eyelid skin and sometimes in the lid itself, so that scars are concealed. The incision is hidden in the crease of the eyelid in an upper blepharoplasty, and below the lashes in a lower blepharoplasty. Over time, the scars will fade and usually become almost indiscernible.
- While results will be visible immediately following eyelid surgery, most cases take up to a year to achieve the final appearance as the skin, muscle and surrounding tissues settle into place and for swelling to reduce. While the final results do require patience, the improvements from the cosmetic procedures will last a lifetime.
Other articles you may also want to read: